Let us help with your next project.
We offer a full range of consultation services for all stages of a project, from site selection through permit construction and compliance.
Have a property that may be a good candidate for wetland restoration or endangered species mitigation? Want to develop an RV park, or explore mining options for sand or peat? We can help.
Our team has successfully permitted a wide range of project types, including residential, commercial, industrial, office, mining resources, and mitigation banks. We work closely with local, state, and federal agencies to complete the permitting process within your project timeline.
- Mitigation Bank Permits
- Environmental Resource Permits
- Corps of Engineers Dredge and Fill Permits
- Gopher Tortoise Permits – Authorized Agent
- Consumptive Use or Water Use Permits
- NPDES Stormwater Program for Construction Activity
- Listed Species Permits
- Local Government and Coastal Permits
- Stormwater Management Permits
- Industrial Wastewater Permits
- Mining Operation Permits
EC&D specializes in wetland mitigation banking. Our small firm currently manages more than 20 mitigation projects and over 25,000 acres in the state of Florida. We focus on the technical and financial feasibility of each project from start to finish, ensuring not only environmental success, but revenue generation as well.
We have built a strong reputation for our ability to assess, permit, create, and manage mitigation banks in Florida and Georgia. We successfully permitted two stream mitigation banks in Georgia: Cherry Creek Mitigation Bank and Broxton Rocks Mitigation Bank. Withlacooche Wetland Mitigation Bank was permitted in 2013, and is under our current management. Among our Sunshine State success stories are Florida Gulf Coast Mitigation Bank (located in Levy County), which provides both freshwater and saltwater wetland credits, and the Hilochee Wetland Mitigation Bank (located in Polk County), which is converting a former sand mine to herbaceous wetland habitat.
Our team has extensive experience working in Florida’s complex regulatory framework. To put it simply – we know what works and what will be approved. Our professional planning staff will draft an entitlement plan that realizes our clients’ vision and meets the needs of the community.
We maintain our level of expertise and industry relevance with ongoing professional development, including:
- “Low Impact Development (LID) Practices for Florida Stormwater” presented by the University of Florida
- Conservation Design presented by Randall Arendt, hosted by Volusia County Planning and Development Services
- “Mastering Density” APA Audio Conference presented by the North Central Florida Regional Planning Council
- “Renewable Local Energy” APA Audio Conference presented by the North Central Florida Regional Planning Council
- “Infrastructure, CIP, and Alternative Transportation” APA Audio Conference presented by the North Central Florida Regional Planning Council
- Large- and Small-Scale Comprehensive Plan Amendments
- Rezoning Applications
- Planned and Mixed-Use Developments
- Site Planning and Conceptual Design
- Conservation Communities
- Due Diligence Assessments and Feasibility Analyses
- Developments of Regional Impact (DRIs)
- Facility Impact Assessments
- Transfer of Development Rights (TDRs)
- Visioning and Public Policy Coordination
GIS & GPS
We provide a full spectrum of Geographical Information System (GIS) and Global Positioning System (GPS) services. By utilizing industry-leading technology developed specifically for geospatial analysis and cartographic production from ESRI, Autodesk, Adobe, and Trimble, we can offer complete geospatial solutions that are innovative, dynamic, and cost-effective.
- Site selection and location analysis
- General mapping (including large-format and marketing materials)
- Data creation, acquisition, and interpretation
- Historical aerial photography and time series analysis
- Conceptual development plans
- Spatial analysis
- Geodatabase design
- Aerial photo rectification and interpretation
Our mitigation banking efforts have helped preserve thousands of acres of land, on which biodiversity and necessary ecological processes can flourish. This year alone, our firm helped plant 150,000 trees.
Contact Us About Your Project
For everything from zoned development to wetland mitigation and ecological restoration, we can help.